Saturday, February 4, 2017

WEEKEND AND HUSBAND : IT'S ME TIME


Weekend!! Now a days the most awaited thing for me. No, Not because I want to shop groceries neither want to complete my pending tasks from household; These two days are actually my holidays. Surprised? How comes the word HOLIDAY for HOME MAKER?

WE ; The HOME MAKERS ; Ends up the whole week meeting the requirments of our husbands , kids , home stuffs and bla bla bla!!! Is all his clothes ironed?Is his necessary stuff there,, when he is on to his trips? Is my idli batter ready for breakfast in the morning? and the endless questions which we keep on thinking day and night.

    We don't end up even doing all this ; We ourself become addicted to our super-proficiency.Sometimes we can't stop ourselves and we go on and on like a well oiled machines.

The last sunday A small pamphlet with newspaper blocked my mind.That day; inspite of choking my husband's mind with my all nonsense talks ;I was quiet. The question stormed my mind was , Did I myself ever thought of doing something of my interest after being a mother? Did I ever put an effort to introduce myself to me? Did I even tried for that? ...And the answer was NO!!! . YES!!! Never!!! No one else was responsible for growing up distance between me and myself. I created a sphere around me which involved kids , husband , family , house chores ,relatives, husband's collegues and everyone EXCEPT ME.

"NOW THE FAMOUS BAKING WORKSHOPS NEAR YOU!!!

HURRY!! HURRY!!!     LIMITED SEATS..."

YES..This was in pamphlet which forced me to think all this ...Baking was my first love...But as soon as I completed my education I got married and the league goes on..Transfers, kids and all.

As soon as we think of new , suddenly  kids strike us simultaneously. Will baking classes time coincide with his school bus arrival timings, Is his tennis sessions over at same time,So as I have to pick him first?

As all this, what was going in my mind flashed on to my face,My husband broke the silence..What is that in your hand??? And I answered Nothing( After a deep pause).

He took away the paper and said," Why don't you join it?"

" WHAT"??? I looking at him; surprised. "Do you really mean it?" 

And he whispered slowly....",Its on weekends Darling" Look!! My saturday and sundays are for you. Go and meet your first love again ( surely he wouldn't have said that if it was a human..hahaa). And forget you have a toddler and husband behind.

This was time to dance...litrally!!!  I called the number and my first session for first passion was booked on next sunday.

Now sundays are not happy just because I dont have to cook the early morning but The anxiety of those 3 hours kept me enthusiastic whole day. Gossiping  ladies like me there, learning so much new, exploring myself, driving Car again after so many years are part of my schedules now for weekend.  

Thankyou husband for this lovely Weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment